Before beginning a journey it’s a good idea to map out your path. In my mind, after completing the GMAT, the path to MBA admission success involves the following 10 steps:
- LinkedIn: Build a professional LinkedIn profile that succinctly markets your experience and achievements.
- Resume: Develop a 1-page resume highlighting the skills that business schools look for: leadership, communication, teamwork, entrepreneurship, academic performance, and career progression.
- School Selection: Create a target list of schools and plan your submission timeline.
- Networking: Network with students and alumni to learn more about your fit with individual programs.
- Business School Story: Develop your story of why you want to go to business school.
- Essays: Structure and write essays and short answers.
- References: Select referees and work with them to produce references that support your application.
- Interviews: Develop interview answers and practice mock interviews.
- Scholarships: Research scholarship opportunities and complete applications.
- Review Admission Decision: Pop the champagne to celebrate admission; write a waitlist letter and round up support from your business school network to get off the waitlist, or review a ‘ding’ and come back stronger in your next application.
My business school packages, with unlimited consultations, provide guidance on every step in the admission process. To make sure you start off on the right foot, sign up for a free consultation today!